Sheila Murphy Finalist for Community Impact Award by Minnesota Business Magazine
HUTCHINSON, MN – December 14, 2015
Sheila Murphy, MITGI Director of HR and Safety, has been honored as a finalist for a 2016 Community Impact Award from Minnesota Business Magazine. A finalist in The Paragon of Leadership Award category, Murphy is recognized as Minnesota business leader for making a positive impact through service, character, and leadership.
“In a community filled with manufacturers, Sheila sets the pace for leadership in the industry,” explains Eric Lipke, MITGI President. “Her greatest strengths are her natural personal assets – a positive outlook, welcoming approach, and warm leadership. This combination makes her stand out as a young professional, a woman in manufacturing, and as good corporate citizen in our community.”
As an innovative leader in the community, Murphy:
- Meets with high school students to review resumes, teaches them about writing effective job applications, and conducts mock interviews to help them prepare to enter the workforce
- Sponsors robotics clubs to provide resources, support, and enthusiasm for STEM activities
- Helps students and their parents see how their areas of interest can be applied to careers in manufacturing
- Works in an advisory capacity at many area schools and in groups that regularly meet with teachers, administrators, and students to discuss the growing business needs in the area
- Plays a leading role in area manufacturing associations to promote the industry, steers the community toward common goals, and inspires action
Through education, recruiting, and community partnerships, Murphy works to help elevate the perception of the industry and promote the growth of manufacturing in Minnesota.
The winners in each category will be announced at the 2016 Community Impact Awards event, held on February 25, 2016 at Aria in Downtown Minneapolis. Each category winner will be featured in the March 2016 issue of Minnesota Business Magazine.
Located in Hutchinson, MN, MITGI manufactures and markets standard and custom cutting tools. Combining innovation with quality and repeatability, MITGI tools have become the product of choice in many R&D departments and manufacturing facilities that serve the medical, automotive, computer, and aerospace industries. MITGI is the recipient of the Image Award (2014 & 2015, Minnesota Business Magazine Manufacturing Award), 100 Best Companies to Work for Award (2015, Minnesota Business Magazine), and the Top 150 Workplaces Award (2015, Star Tribune).