Whether part of a multi-division global corporation, a small-sized business, or somewhere in-between, supply chain teams are tasked with saving costs, balancing usage/forecast, and ensuring that products arrive as expected.
MITGI is ready to work with your supply chain team to:
- Review buying patterns to recommend right-sized buys with pricing that is optimized for forecast
- Provide competitive quotes on high running tools currently purchased via other suppliers
- Establish blanket orders to minimize inventory, invoicing only for tools shipped
- Scale up and down through product life cycle to ensure no disruption of service while maintaining adequate inventory levels
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through designs optimized to increase tool life and performance
- Bridge initiatives between supply chain and R&D teams to incorporate goals of both into new tool designs
- Consolidate and simplify global or regional purchasing
Ready to discuss how we can work together to achieve supply chain goals? Contact us today.
At MITGI, it’s not business as usual, but business as exceptional.
Nearly every company we work with has goals tied to continuous improvement. For some that means reducing cycle times on a specific project. For others it means increasing tool life on a long-running job to create significant cost savings throughout the life of the product. In some cases, companies may need to improve tool performance so that fewer operations are needed.
MITGI works with companies every day to help identify the exact needs at hand and offers ways to achieve the goals through cutting tools.
Recently we worked with a medical device manufacturer that was tasked with reducing cycle times during the initial scale-up for production. Learn more about the project and approach >>
We work with customers who serve a wide range of industries – medical device, aerospace, automotive, defense, firearms, rapid prototyping, mold making, and more. Although specific needs vary by industry, a common goal is to reduce cycle times. Whether part of a cost reduction initiative or as a way to increase output, reducing cycle times through tool design can be achieved in many different ways.
With so many tool options to consider, how does a person decide where to start? For most of our customers, we begin with an email or a short phone call to better understand the application and determine what is important to achieve. With or without tool prints, our technical team can suggest tool options that may help to reduce cycle times and accomplish key initiatives.
How does this play out?
- Tapered core for increased rigidity
- Variable helix geometry dampens vibration and improves part finish
- Geometry optimized for full axial depth of cut in dynamic or trochoidal milling strategies
- Radial relief provides a stronger edge that can better withstand high feed rates
Add-on Request: COMPANY A would like to increase tool life thereby reducing overall project costs
MITGI recommendation: Upgrade to NACO coating. This coating will provide added heat resistance and more lubricity. This low-cost upgrade will deliver longer tool life
Tool type: 2-Flute Coolant Thru Trepan Tool
- Two holes deliver coolant to the cutting edge, thereby reducing heat and removing chips
- Custom coolant thru design increases tool life while cutting inside of a bore where coolant wouldn’t normally reach
- Custom design ensures consistent results and form accuracy
MITGI recommendation: Add edge break by introducing a small radius, therefore reducing the chance of premature chipping