https://mitgi.us/content/uploads/2019/07/MITGI-Logo-2C-Solid_notag_R-01.png 0 0 Jennie Gordienko https://mitgi.us/content/uploads/2019/07/MITGI-Logo-2C-Solid_notag_R-01.png Jennie Gordienko2021-06-17 19:49:182021-06-17 19:49:18Top 9 Reasons to Send Your Next RFQ to MITGI
- Fast quoting. Waiting for a quote on hot tools can feel like time is burning up. We understand that your timelines are short from start to finish. You can count on our teams to be responsive and quick throughout the entire quoting process.
- Easy quoting. Understanding what you need out of a custom tool doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply email us a tool print, draw a sketch and send it over, send a link to a competitor’s tool, or complete a quote sheet. With that information, we’ll have everything we need to get a quote underway.
- Short lead times. Whether a job just got bumped up in production, you ran through more tools than expected, or inventory ran low without notice – we’re ready to make and ship tools quickly. Our lead times for specials are generally two weeks but many times we can make tools even faster. Standard tools are on the shelf or available within three days.
- Tight tolerances. In industries like medical device manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, precision manufacturing, firearms, mold making, or electronics, tight tolerances are likely a requirement for nearly every job. Ours too. Our production teams are skilled at achieving difficult tolerances and ensuring that they are held throughout production. Tolerances vary by tool type and feature (examples include: drills and reamers +/- .0001, end mills -.0004, form tools +/-.001, boring bars +/-.001).
- Cost reduction goals. We work with engineers, buyers, supply chain teams, and production teams to achieve cost reduction goals. The answer may lie in longer tool life, making right-sized buys, or developing a strategic plan that leverages the buying power of your business. We’re ready to work with your teams to assess each situation and review options to consider.
- Difficult to machine materials. Have a material that is abrasive or gummy or particularly hard to machine? Need to reduce heat or achieve better chip control? We can help to address these issues and more by applying material-specific tool geometries or coating. Tell us the material you’re cutting at the time of quoting for the best results.
- Technical support. For nearly 30 years we’ve provided at-the-spindle kind of advice while not actually at your spindle. Use our technical teams to provide fast technical support from our Minnesota-based facility. Technology makes the conversation easy and fast via email, photos, conference calls, or video calls by TEAMS or ZOOM.
- Vendor consolidation initiatives. Reducing the number of suppliers can help make buying cutting tools easier and more cost-effective. We work with supply chain teams to help identify long-running tools that are a good match for our capabilities, then work to improve performance and/or price to find cost savings. By moving tools to MITGI we can help streamline vendor lists while also making a dent in cost-reduction goals.
- Consistency. We know that the work you do requires consistent performance out of every tool you use. Our manufacturing processes are set up to ensure that the tool you receive today will be the same as the tool you order six months from now.